When most people think of spending a weekend in Canada, they imagine expensive ski resorts and luxurious cabins. However, there are many ways to enjoy Canada on a budget! Here are a few ideas for spending a fun and affordable weekend in the great white north.
1) Take a hike! Canada is full of beautiful hiking trails, and many of them are free to access. Pack a picnic lunch and spend a day exploring the great outdoors.
2) Visit a farmer’s market. Not only will you get to sample some delicious local produce, but you’ll also get a chance to chat with the friendly vendors.
3) Check out a national park. Canada is home to some stunning national parks, such as Banff National Park in Alberta and Jasper National Park in British Columbia.
4) Go for a swim. With all that water, it’s no surprise that Canada has some great beaches! In Ontario, head to Wasaga Beach, which is said to be the longest freshwater beach in the world.
5) Take a scenic drive. Canada is full of beautiful scenery, so get in the car and enjoy the ride!
6) Sample some local cuisine. Canada is known for its delicious maple syrup, but there’s so much more to Canadian food than that! Treat yourself to a meal at a local restaurant or go on a food tour.
7) Go stargazing. With very little light pollution, Canada is an excellent place to stargaze. Head to Jasper National Park for some of the best views.
8) Visit a museum. From art galleries to history museums, there’s something for everyone at a Canadian museum. Many museums offer free admission on specific days or evenings, so be sure to check their website before you go.
9) Go camping. Camping is a great way to enjoy the outdoors without spending a lot of money. There are plenty of campgrounds to choose from, whether you want to pitch a tent or park an RV.
10) Enjoy some free entertainment. Many Canadian cities offer free concerts and other events throughout the year. Check out your local tourist office or website to see what’s happening during your visit.
Whether you’re looking for adventure or relaxation, there are plenty of ways to enjoy a budget-friendly weekend in Canada!